Our mission is to provide high-quality training and consultation, enabling clients to manage the effects of interacting with hostage-takers, barricade persons or persons threatening to commit suicide through proven communication and incident command techniques.
Our training is
- Led by current and former LE negotiators, with over 30 years of experience with Alexandria PD and the FBI
- Adheres to best practices as outlined in the National Council of Negotiation Associations’ (NCNA) Recommended Negotiation Guidelines and Policies
- Interactive and designed to give clients the ability to employ negotiation strategies and principles to real-world situations
Many of our clients will find value in hosting a course tailored to their specific organizational needs. Others host courses to minimize travel cost and operational impact. Regardless, BSG is pleased to work with each of our clients to schedule training that meets their specific needs. All of our offerings can be purchased in entirety, or by meeting a minimal attendance requirement
- Provide classroom and practical exercise space, as well as fundamental on-site training aids (flipcharts, projectors, markers)
- Enroll a minimum of 12 paid participants for the training class
- In most classes, the maximum enrollment is 25 although in some instances may be elevated to 35
- The hosting agency will receive 4 free slots for the first 12 paid enrollments and two for each subsequent group of six. If only 12 seats have been purchased, the host must make reasonable effort to fill remaining seats by assisting BSG in advertising course within the neighboring jurisdiction, state, and region. For example – forwarding BSG course announcements using existing E-mail distribution networks such as Academy Directors, Training Coordinators, and POST 90 days in advance of the course start date
- Allow access to copier for minimum use
- If the course is being customized, provide curriculum design input
- Commit to allowing each student the necessary time to devote to training
- Support the training concept
- Communicate with BSG periodically to evaluate training
- Render payment within 30 days. BSG requires at least 12 paid customers to hold the training. The host agency will receive a total of 3 additional spots when the minimum registration of 12 paid attendees is met.
Contact us today to discuss your needs!